In addition to meeting all other applicable requirements for admission, non-native speakers of English must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency. Proof of English proficiency can be demonstrated through one of the following:
- Proof of baccalaureate or graduate degree completion inside (from a regionally accredited institution) or outside the U.S. where English is the official language of academic instruction – see list of countries here.
- Official internet based TOEFL score (send scores to Georgia Institute of Technology institute code 5248)
- Official IELTS score (send scores to Georgia Institute of Technology "Graduate")
Georgia Tech's minimum score requirement for graduate admission are listed below.
- TOEFL iBT - 90 (each section must score 19 or higher)
- IELTS - Overall band score of 7 (minimum band score for Reading, Listening, and Speaking is 6.5; minimum band score for Writing is 5.5)
Please note that some graduate programs have higher score requirements and that meeting the minimum score does not guarantee admission. We recommend that you have acheived the minimum score for admission before you submit an application. We do not review applications with scores below the Institute minimum.
Scores must be valid for the term to which you plan to begin your graduate studies.