Georgia Tech offers you the flexibility to study where you want, whenever you want. The Institute has been approved by the state of Georgia to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.
To apply to become a distance learning master's student, click on the program listed below and follow the directions on the website. (You must choose "Planned Campus: Distance Learning" on the application form.) These programs are available to international students.
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering
- Master of Science in Analytics (Online)
- Master of Science in Computational Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering — Computer Engineering Option
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering — Power Option
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering — Telecommunications Option
- Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Medical Physics
- Master of Science in Operations Research (MSOR)
- Online Master of Science — Computer Science (OMS CS)
- Professional Master's in Applied Systems Engineering *
- Professional Master's in Manufacturing Leadership *
* The method of instruction for this program is a combination of classroom and distance learning. For more information, please visit the program website.
NOTE: ONLY THESE SPECIFIC DEGREE PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING. Departments may offer additional degrees within their program, but these additional programs are not available as distance learning.
All courses can also be taken for professional development (noncredit). For additional information about professional development courses available through distance learning at Georgia Tech, visit https://pe.gatech.edu/online-masters-degrees.