Aug 29, 2011 | Atlanta, GA
The Graduate Student Senate (GSS) invites all graduate students to celebrate their return to or first days on Tech’s campus at the 2011 Graduate Student Picnic, this Friday at 5 p.m. on the Instructional Center Lawn.
Students and their families, as well as faculty and staff, will enjoy music, lawn games and complimentary food amidst good company to kick off the fall semester.
The graduate arm of the Student Government Association (SGA) is also accepting applications for senators for the 2011-12 academic year. SGA meets on a weekly basis and serves the integral function of disseminating Student Activity Fee funds for the Georgia Tech student body, along with advocating for other issues of importance to students at Tech. Senators are elected from each department on campus.
More information is available on the SGA website; elections packets can be downloaded at right. Applications are due Friday, Sept. 2, by 11:59 p.m.
The full GSS elections timeline is as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 2, 11:59 p.m. — Elections applications due in the SGA office
- Sunday, Sept. 4, 8 p.m. — Campaigning begins
- Wednesday, Sept. 7, 8 a.m. — Voting polls open
- Friday, Sept. 9, 4 p.m. — Voting polls close
- Friday, Sept. 9, 8 p.m. — Election results announced
- Monday, Sept. 12, 8 a.m. — Runoff polls open (if necessary)
- Wednesday, Sept.14, 4 p.m. — Runoff polls close
- Thursday, Sept. 15, 6 p.m. — Runoff election results announced
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 11 a.m. — Appointments and Special Elections held by GSS (if necessary)